Sunday, March 25, 2007

Clocks go Forward: UK BST

it''s that time of year again when we lose an hour of our sleep and have to put the clocks forward.
BST, british summer time (or uk daylight savings time) is here again.

i wonder if it's done on a weekend so that millions of britons don't have the excuse of saying i didn't know, having the whole of a sunday to work out why all the clocks in the house are wrong.

this brings to mind a while back when the clocks went back and it was haloween. Bulbgirl had convinced me to dress up as a woman in work for the day: fishnet tights, mini-kilt, padded bra, pearls, lipstick and long hair worn down. it scared the bejeezus out of many customers in the lighting department when they asked me something and i turned around. ugly woman with a lot of facial hair is probably the first thougth that went through their minds before the light bulb came on.

anyway Bulbgirl and i forgot to put our clocks back the night before, and only realised it when i got to the store.
outcome: i had to wear a padded (tissue) push up bra for an hour longer than necessary. ladies, i can empathise with all those women that say it hurts.

still, my legs got lots of compliments that day. :)

2 comments:

Monks said...

lol!

I used to have long hair, and it always seemed like a good idea when friends suggested that I dress up as a girl for halloween...but then I would actually do it and never fail, I felt like I had made a huge mistake. I guess I just felt too pretty. :-)

I don't mind loosing the hour knowing that I will get an extra hour of daylight to enjoy the great outdoors...in December, when I go to work and come home from work both in the dark of night my mental compass starts to go haywire...MUST...GO....SUUUUUUURF.
aaaaaack!

Bulbboy said...

Monks, i guess you gave in to the other suggestion friends often have:
"why not shave your head?"

you could always surf in the dark. Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze did it in Point Break.

or you could just tie a torch to your board.

:)